BER Assessor in Kilkenny completing Commercial & Domestic BER Assessments in Kilkenny

John Brett is a Kilkenny BER Assessor. If you need a BER Assessment Domestic or Commercial on your property in Kilkenny just call 086 059 8109 or email [email protected]

Why have a BER?

Since the 1st of January 2009, it is required by law, that when new buildings (residential) are constructed a Building Energy Rating is provided by the owner to the prospective buyer (similar to the energy labelling of household appliances) This also applies to non-residential buildings from 2008.

BER SOLUTION: Contact John Brett, an SEAI registered BER Kilkenny assessor carrying full professional indemnity and public liability insurance to provide an efficient, affordable and timely assessment for your property.

Call John on 086 059  8109

BER Kilkenny, BER Ballyragget, BER Bennettsbridge, BER Callan, BER Castlecomer, BER Fiddown, BER Freshford, BER Gowran, BER Urlingford, BER Thomastown, BER Mullinavat, BER Knocktopher, BER Inistioge, BER Johnstown, BER Kilkenny

Who needs a BER Certificate?

Information from SEAI

A person offering a property for sale or rent on or after 9th January 2013, or their agent, shall ensure that the energy performance indicator of the current BER certificate for the building is stated in any advertisements, where such advertisements are taken relating to the sale or letting of that building. See S.I. 243 of 2012 for detailed regulatory requirements and definitions.

Prospective buyers and renters will be shown the BER rating Alphanumeric value) along with other prescribed content (dependent on the particular medium) in a prominent location in each specific advertisement.

When buildings are otherwise exempt from the requirements to have a BER, as set out in Article 4 of S.I. 243 of 2012, then the words BER Exempt should be substituted for the BER Alphanumeric in accordance with the guidelines prescribed for each specific media type.

When is a BER Certificate required?

Information from SEAI

New dwellings: The regulations apply to new dwellings for which planning permission was applied for on or after 1st January 2007. All new homes (even when not for sale) must have a BER certificate before they are occupied as detailed under S.I. 666.

A new dwelling (i.e. a dwelling that has never been sold or occupied) is exempt from the BER requirement if it had been the subject of a planning application submitted on or before 31 December 2006 and if it was substantially completed by 30 June 2008. “Substantially completed” means that the external walls have been erected.

BER assessments performed on new dwellings will also help determine compliance to Part L of the Building Regulations.

New Non-Domestic Buildings: The regulations apply to new non-domestic buildings for which planning permission was applied for on or after 1st July 2008. Transitional BER exemptions will apply to new non-domestic buildings for which planning permission is applied on or before 30th June 2008 provided the new non-domestic buildings involved were substantially completed by 30th June 2010.

Existing Buildings: (dwellings and other buildings) when offered for sale or letting on or after 1st January 2009. An existing dwelling is a dwelling which has previously been sold and/or occupied.

Large Public Service Buildings: A public body shall, in relation to a large building occupied by it on or after 1 January 2009, secure and display a BER certificate in a prominent place clearly visible to the public.

What we do

BER Assessment

We can provide both domestic & commercial BER assessments, as well as the certification.

Domestic BERS

A domestic BER indicates the energy performance of your home.

Commercial BERS

A commercial BER indicates the energy efficiency of a building.